Position: Design Thinking UX Expert
Duration: 12 months Plus
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: USC or GC or EAD GC (no h1 or OPT candidates)
Interview: Phone then In-Person/Skype
Client has an immediate opening for a Design Thinking/UX Expert. This position requires significant experience in User Experience Designer with Design Strategy within a SAP centric environment. The candidate is expected in user experience with design strategy with deep knowledge in design thinking and customer drive design methodologies. In addition, the candidate should have delivered multiple designs from concept to finish demonstrating design rationale and business impact. This position will be a part of the Synergy team at our campus in Atlanta, GA.
• The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and supporting a clean fresh user experience supporting key business solutions leveraging Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design Methodologies.
• Translates business goals into appropriate design approaches while assessing feasibility and optimization of the solution. Participates in the development of cost/benefit analysis.
• Cultivates and demonstrates industry-specific business process knowledge and familiarity with relevant enterprise, business unit, and functional strategies, objectives, and plans.
• Define a Mobile First strategy and evolve the design pattern library for web and mobile.
• Proactively identify process improvements including clear and concise solution definitions.
• Develops proof of concepts to demonstrate proposed technical solutions including high-level concepts through to screen designs which are brand aligned and scalable.
• Provides guidance in the design practices and standards that link back to best practices in Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design principles.
• Facilitate brainstorming and co-design activities with internal groups and with business partners, functional and technical teams.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with a diverse group of business, functional and technical teams.
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex designs to lay persons, demonstrate smart design thinking techniques and mentor other team members.
• 10 plus years of experience as an Interaction/UX Designer with 2 years of experience in an SAP centric environment (SAPUI5 and Fiori).
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality design output.
• Expert Experience with:
o Design and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch and Axure).
o Strong Design Leadership and Management with excellent influencing skills.
o Defining Style Guides and Pattern Library for global design patterns.
o Designing for Accessibility.
• Experience with Agile, Lean UX and Mobile First design.
• Experience with Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design Methodologies.
• Experience with modern frameworks/utilities such as Angular, React, OpenUI5, RxJS, Redux, etc.
• Candidate’s portfolio of work should include designs from concept to finish demonstrating design rationale and business impact.
• Experience with interacting with third party resources, including offshore teams.
• Proven leadership in managing, governing and providing oversight of internal teams, 3rd party integrators, consultants and vendors through various initiatives.
• Strong team building skills, with ability to build quick and effective work rapport with distributed team members.
• Must be self-motivated in learning new concepts and willing to share knowledge and skills with other team members.
• Outspoken and passionate about delivering well designed solutions that exceed business objectives and drive business success.
• Must have excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex solutions and ideas.
• B.S. strongly preferred, M.S. preferred, in in HCI, Human Factors, Design Strategy or a design-research related field, or equivalent.