Position:Senior Big Data Solution Architect Consultant
Location:New York, NY
Rate:Based On Market
Industry: Financial Services Firm
Interview Process: Phone interview first then face to face interview
May consider people in the East Coast other than the tri state area(New York/New Jersey/Connecticut) but must be strong in the skill set required, good financial background
Our client a major financial services firm in New York City is looking for a Big Data Solution Architect as a consultant.
• Drive architecture and the design of Big Data Information Management & Analytics solutions.
• Deploy data management solutions
• Design and implement scalable Big Data architecture solutions for various application needs.
• Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
• Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams.
• Develop conceptual, logical and physical design for various data types and large volumes.
• Communicate effectively with technology experts in various computing domains. BI, analytics, SOA, BPM, data warehousing.
• Implement Big Data systems in alignment with enterprise architecture and infrastructure guidelines and standards.
• 15+ years’ experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
• Experienced in. BI, analytics, SOA, BPM, data warehousing.
• 3+ years in technology management experience in one of the leading Big Data Stacks, preferably in the Financial Services industry, in Enterprise Architecture and Data Management programs as well as managing senior level individuals, in a multi-line business environment.
• 10+ years in Java and related frameworks.
• 3 + years in Big Data and NoSQL platforms and technologies, specifically hands-on experience with one or more major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (e.g. MapReduce, MLLib, Impala, HBase, Spark etc.).Note: Impala and Spark are a must.
• 5+ years’ hands-on experience with Spring framework including Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud Stream, Spring MVC , Spring Data
• 2+ years’ experience with Scala and Cloudera are must.
• Experienced designing and implementing large scale enterprise applications and data-centric platforms.
• Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
• Experienced with UML modeling tools
• Experienced in Agile methodologies like Scrum.
• MS / BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.