Client in Columbus, OH is looking for an API engineer with strong SOAP/REST experience.
We are looking for a technologically talented individual to help Client evolve its computing landscapes to allow our business to quickly take full advantage of retail opportunities as they arise. Based on an API Led approach and other event driven technologies you will be responsible for developing and supporting right-time solutions at Client. Working with other engineers, architects and Business Analysts through an evolving SDLC, you will be joining a team that has been tasked to be agents of change at Client.
As a API Integration engineer at Client, you will be constantly presented with new challenges of sizable scope and variety. You are a technologist with strong bias to action, excellent analytical skills, and a taste for good engineering. In exchange, we offer an unbeatable work environment, autonomy and support to do what’s right, room for growth, and access to the latest in designer shoes, sandals, handbags and more. This role reports to Manager API Development and has no direct reports.
· Leverage API Led approaches in conjunction with Client IT teams to engineer solutions and get results.
· Participate, contribute, and collaborate in engineering design sessions.
· Troubleshoot and resolve application and technical system and data issues
· Review and analyze requirements in collaboration with application teams, business analysts, and partners
· Assist QA designing and implementing test cases for API processes
· Create and execute unit test plans
· Document all related work per company's methodology
· Maintain existing code and fix bugs as requested
· Self-manage time and task priorities to meet project timelines and identify potential project risks
· Handle multiple projects and task workload
· Minimum 5 years work experience in information technology
· Experience and understanding of API and associated technologies including:
· Apigee Flow control, end point mapping
· SOAP and REST based APIs
· RAML, Swagger
· Exception/Error handling, Retry mechanisms, Replay mechanisms
· Logging, Routers
· Relational and non-relational data store interactions and design
· Previous experience operating a large-scale, high-uptime environment on a public cloud provider like AWS or RackSpace
· Google Cloud Platform services and technologies including App Engine based development preferred
· Experience with scripting languages including shell, perl, or python
· A strong background in Linux systems, including shell scripting and performance tuning
· Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
· SDLC processes leveraging tools like Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, Splunk, MUnit, Junit and Sonatype Nexus or JFrog
· Experience performing this kind of a role in his/her prior engagement(s), as the primary focus
· Experience with Informatica or other ETL platforms a plus
· Knowledge about the deployment and maintenance of Java web applications, or with LAMP stack apps
· Experience using a configuration management tool like Puppet or Chef
· Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like App Dynamics.